Solution: Nexsan E-Series offers a complete range of enterprise-class features for Media & Entertainment
- Up to 360TB of application data
- Two Nexsan E60 Storage Systems
- Apple Xsan File System
- Final Cut Pro video editing software
NEXSAN E60 BENEFITS
- 240TB in 4U
- Energy efficient
- High performance
- Active Drawer™ technology for easy servicing without interrupting business continuity
- High Availability – Configurable for no single point-of-failure between servers and the storage system, or within the storage system
- Active/Active Controllers – Dual controllers each service storage requests, delivering twice the performance of active/passive architectures
- Mix SAS, SATA and SSD Drives – Flexibility to optimize for cost, capacity and performance to meet the needs of varying applications
- AutoMAID Technology – Achieves up to 85% reduction in power consumption without performance compromise
- Flexible Integration – iSCSI and FC host ports can be utilized as well as SAS to host
After extensive research, Revision3 discovered Imation and its E-Series storage systems. The Nexsan E60 storage system is an expandable, high density and high performance storage solution which offers direct support for Apple Xsan. Built on the Nexsan Flexible Storage Platform™, the E60 delivers the enterprise-class storage management features Revision3 was seeking with the scalability to extend the solution for future needs.
“The first thing that impressed me was all the work they put into the front end GUI. It was very easy for me to traverse the interface and figure out the best way to deploy it. The Imation offering also slotted directly into what I needed and wasn’t filled with features that I really couldn’t use in my current environment,” said Reid Steiner, director of IT operations, Revision3. “Compared to all of the SAN storage units we reviewed, Nexsan was also the best when it came to the amount of data that could be packed into the amount of space offered. It was by far the best value of any SAN I found, especially for our Xsan environment.”
Revision3 liked that the Nexsan E-Series features robust centralized storage management software for simplified deployment, management and support and offers a complete range of enterprise-class features including high density, high reliability, low power operation and small space consumption. The Nexsan E-Series also delivers an easy and quick out of the box experience by integrating reliable Nexsan storage hardware and E-Series intelligence.
Revision3 deployed two Nexsan E60 systems to support its seven full-time video editing bays. One is used for primary storage while the other is used as a backup system. Being a “green” business is important to Revision3. As a result, the company was pleased with the ability to greatly reduce the power consumption of the backup unit using the built-in energy efficient Nexsan AutoMAID™ technology. With AutoMAID, Revision3 can conserve power and reduce cooling costs during non-critical hours. As soon as the first I/O request comes during business hours, AutoMAID spins up the disks drive for near instantaneous response and continues to operate at full speed until policy thresholds of inactivity are met.
The high density of the Nexsan E60 systems was also important to Revision3. The company’s environment needs to conserve as much space as possible and the E60 accomplished this by delivering 240TB in 4U of rack space.