The Challenge: Support VDI & Disaster Recovery Strategy
Marietta College has been working to virtualize its IT environment in order to increase overall system uptime and decrease long-term operating and capital costs. The College’s legacy storage systems were unable to support the virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI) and disaster recovery strategy the College required, so it initiated a review process and began testing new storage systems.
Other vendors are really behind the times. Imation, with Nexsan, is on the leading edge of features and value in the marketplace.
Mike Robinson, Marietta College
Specifically, the College decided it needed a storage system that could:
- Provide the level of redundancy needed to support its disaster recovery initiatives
- Deliver superior levels of uptime
- Deliver the performance required to support their virtualization implementation plans
- Work with the Network File System (NFS) protocol in addition to others, which would enable more functionality across the infrastructure with VDI
- Offer all of the above features and capabilities at a low total cost of ownership, including capital and operating expenditures