Technical Support – Front Line Engineer
Provide world class customer support and problem resolution on Nexsan’s broad suite of storage and solutions-based products. Requires a self-directed individual who can prioritize multiple requirements within the framework of company processes and procedures. Requires direct interaction with customers, sales associates, and other support team members to resolve reported issues swiftly, professionally and with a keen sense of quality and the customer experience.
- Assure world class customer satisfaction with delivery and quality of the overall support process from beginning to end for all Nexsan products.
- Open new customer issues over phone, email, chat and web per defined procedures instilling customer confidence in Nexsan products and support.
- Monitor new incoming communications to assure timely responses and follow up to all customer and internal support inquiries.
- Provide initial data collection and customer context for new cases; establish initial severity and priority and document customer situation and expectations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve known issues across the entire Nexsan product line utilizing provided company tools and processes.
- Diagnose and consult with technical product leads as required to resolve and document new issues in Nexsan storage products.
- Escalate to Back Line support following established processes and SLA’s for complex new issues.
- Utilize company tools and processes to document all support activity.
- Initiate and follow up on RMA and Field Support dispatch requests to facilitate issue resolution.
- Prioritize and follow up on assigned open issues.
- Create knowledge articles within the scope of technical expertise to improve resolution time and the customer support experience.
- Travel (0-20% required) to customer sites (domestic & international) to install or troubleshoot systems.
- Participate in weekend and holiday shift rotation as required.
- Perform related and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Support experience handling incoming Technical telephone and email support requests.
- Technical experience supporting data storage products desired.
Required Soft Skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting ability
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer interaction and support skills
- Proven organizational skills, ability to juggle competing priorities and to meet deadlines
- Experience with team collaboration
- Maintaining professionalism at all times
- Exercising judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
Required Technical Skills
- Understanding of data lifecycle management including backup, recovery/archive and associated products (NetBackup, Veeam, BackupExec etc.)
- At least one of the following:
- Experience with Windows server-class OS including administration
- Understanding of Linux, UNIX or OSX server environments including administration
- Networking experience or deep understanding of clustering, security, routing and performance monitoring
- Practical support experience with Fibre Channel, iSCSI, SAS and SATA preferred
- Hyper-V and/or VMWare experience desired
- Support or administration experience with SAN/NAS storage systems a plus
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and qualifications.