Technical Support- Back Line Engineer
Provide specific customer problem resolution, technical expertise, and leadership to the global technical support team with specific focus in one assigned Nexsan product line. Requires a self-directed individual who is capable of effective communication and direct interaction with customers, support team members, engineering support, sales associates and product engineering to resolve issues swiftly and professionally with a keen sense of quality and the customer experience.
This Back Line Support role includes specific responsibilities for an assigned Imation-Nexsan product line as well as a thorough understanding and expertise in the underlying Nexsan Storage products. Technical skills and experience requirements may vary depending on the assigned product line.
- Assure world class customer satisfaction with delivery and quality of the overall support process from beginning to end for all Nexsan products.
- Troubleshoot and resolve new complex product and system support issues.
- Collaborate with Engineering Support to reproduce and resolve complex issues within the assigned specialty product family.
- Produce knowledge articles to improve resolution time and reduce customer impact on known issues.
- Review and approve knowledge articles created by other members of the support team.
- Manage assigned customer issues using defined company processes and tools. Monitor and prioritize assigned issues regardless of case geography to assure prompt customer response and follow up.
- Utilize company tools and processes to document all support activity.
- Provide product specific support training and mentoring to new and existing support team members.
- Set up and replicate customer configurations and issues in the lab including performance and integration. Define and document product deficiencies as discovered and work with Engineering Support and Product Engineering to develop resolutions.
- Perform Technical Account Manager duties for assigned customer accounts which involves proactively working with customer(s) to prevent issues & offer guidance for the best experience.
- As part of a team rotation, provide solution testing support to the Solutions Marketing team. This includes working with Solutions Marketing to understand their requirements, setting up the environment, executing test suites and documenting results.
- Travel (20-30% required) to customer or company sites (domestic & international) to install or troubleshoot complex systems and receive and deliver training.
- Participate in after hours on call, weekend and holiday shift rotation as required.
- Perform related and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Min. 5 years direct technical support experience supporting data storage products
Required Soft Skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting ability
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency resolving challenging customer situations
- Proven organizational skills, ability to juggle competing priorities and to meet deadlines
- Professional support team collaboration
- Maintaining professionalism at all times
- Exercising independent judgment within defined procedures to determine appropriate action
- Experience coaching/mentoring engineers with less experience desired
Required Technical Skills
- Support or administration experience with SAN/NAS storage systems
- Understanding of how applications perform differently based on RAID type, storage caching and file system layout.
- Understanding of data lifecycle management including backup, recovery/archive and associated products (Veeam, Commvault, NetBackup, BackupExec etc.)
- Hands on experience with these backup software applications is desired
- Practical support experience with Fibre Channel, iSCSI, SAS and SATA
- Extensive networking experience including clustering, security, routing and performance monitoring
- Hyper-V and/or VMWare experience desired
- At least one of the following:
- In-depth experience with Windows server-class OS including administration and troubleshooting. MCSE and Windows storage performance analysis experience desired.
- In-depth understanding of Linux, UNIX or OS X server environments including administration and troubleshooting. Storage performance analysis experience for Linux, UNIX or OS X desired .
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and qualifications.