Software Escalation Engineer
We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Escalation Engineer to play an integral role in the successful deployment of Transporter, a private cloud, file sync and share solution. In this role, the candidate must have a strong technical background with the ability work with various system components and cloud storage concepts. They will joining a small exceptional team responsible for analyzing and resolving product support escalations and working with development, QA and support engineers.
The ideal candidate must be a creative problem solver who likes to break things and have the technical chops to put it back together better than before; be exhilarated when he/she discovers that really complicated bug; and be detail-oriented enough that he/she impresses and catches their peers’ attention. He/She will also need to be a fast learner; proactive and self-directed; flexible team player; and knows and cares what our internal/external customers want from our products.
- Work closely with technical support engineers on customer escalations to engineering. This often includes reproducing and fixing bugs reported by customers.
- Software development and improvements in field support capabilities such as better diagnostic tools.
- Release firmware updates to existing product line. Includes bug fixes and enhancements to improve product reliability.
- Track escalation metrics and help to improve overall quality of the product.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience.
- Excellent C, C++, Objective C programming skills.
- Familiarity with Windows, Mac and Unix environments.
- Understanding of cloud storage related concepts.
- Understanding of networking protocols and technologies.
- Solid debugging skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills are a must.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer centric sensitivity.
- Must be very effective working under a high degree of multi-tasking.
- Data Storage Experience
- Experience with NFS, SMB, CIFS protocols
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and qualifications.