Senior Web Server Software Developer
Nexsan, Inc. (an Imation Company), is seeking a Senior Web Server Software Developer who will have a key role in building an exceptional experience for our customers. You will be working closely with the Development and Quality Assurance teams to develop Web or Backend applications as well as build and maintain infrastructure (internal and external), automation, and backend tools to support millions of Transporter Private Cloud users. It is a broad role with the ability to grow in multiple directions and disciplines. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with extensive experience in Software Development and System Administration.
- Full stack application development for our web applications and backend applications depending on candidate’s abilities.
- Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across our cloud stack.
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
- Build and maintain Build and Deployment infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments.
- Release cloud software projects to QA and Production.
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Participate in Production On-Call Rotation.
- Work with third-party vendors to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Experience writing Web applications interacting with backend systems and cloud infrastructure.
- Previous experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, ELB, Route53, SQS, SNS, SES, IAM, CloudWatch, etc.).
- Proficient in writing and maintaining clean, error-resistant Bash scripts.
- Extensive experience with Subversion, Git and other VCS systems.
- Experience designing and maintaining reliable, high-availability production systems and services.
- Familiarity with Debian and Ubuntu system administration.
- Knowledge of System, Network, and Application Security.
- Proficient with configuration and maintenance of Apache and nginx.
- 3+ years professional experience in Software Engineering.
- Exposure to monitoring systems like Sensu, Graphite, PagerDuty, Nagios, etc.
- Experience with MongoDB (including Sharing, Scaling, Indexing, Analysis, MMS), memcached, Redis, Atlassian Suite.
- Python experience.
- Previous administration of Continuous Integration systems like Bamboo or Jenkins.
- RESTful Web Services and JSON API experience.
- Familiarity with JIRA issue tracking system.
- Historical presence in the open-source community (GitHub, StackOverflow, ServerFault, mongodb-user, etc.).
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and qualifications.