NST and Unity Customer Software Support Specialist
Nexsan’s storage software products integrate advanced storage and software technologies including: virtualization, replication, snapshots, thin provisioning, cryptography. Nexsan Canada innovates to meet the requirements of the rapidly expanding storage market worldwide.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Customer Support Specialist to be an integral role in the successful deployment of Nexsan’s Unified Storage system, Unity, which combines high performance, high capacity and innovative FASTier caching technology to provide scalable performance for mixed application workloads and virtualized environments.
As a key member of the Technical Services team, you will advise customers, provide product support and troubleshooting on-site and remotely for our NST and Unity software storage products. The candidate will also need to be a fast learner, proactive and self-directed, easy-going, team player and customer oriented.
In this role, the candidates must have a strong technical background and amazing analytical skills with the ability work with various system components and storage concepts. They will join an exceptional team responsible for analyzing and resolving product support escalations and working with development.
- Assist customers with the support of our NST and Unity products
- Work directly with customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Provide regular customer follow-up
- Overtime and on-call duties on a scheduled basis as required
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in technical customer support and or network management
- Unix / Linux / Solaris administration experience is required
- Windows Server experience is an asset
- Experience in testing complex systems is desired
- Knowledge of storage technologies is a major asset
- Experience in any of ZFS, VMWare, ESXi, NFS, Active Directory, Windows Security, iSCSI
- Networking (Firewalls, routers, VPN’s)
- Analytical Problem solver who works well under pressure
- Understanding of Unified, NAS or SAN storage concepts
- Excellent communication skills with a customer centric sensitivity
- Must be very effective working under a high degree of multi-tasking
- Strong verbal and written English
- Strong ability to work in an open and collaborative team environment
- Availability to travel occasionally
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and qualifications.