IT Administrator (UK Based)
- Ability to independently analyze and solve technical problems involving industry standard operating systems, LANs/WANs, protocols and interfaces; specifically, this requires the ability to assess, research, and propose solutions to technical problems.
- Strong communications, organizational, and the ability to work without close supervision required.
- In-depth knowledge of computer hardware diagnostics and repair procedures including the ability to independently correct hardware problems.
- Expert level of knowledge and application of TCP/IP. Should also be familiar with SNMP, IP routing and routing protocols, IP Sub netting, ARP, ICMP, and common TCP network programs such SSH, DNS and SMTP.
- Working knowledge of networking and system administration fundamentals in a heterogeneous architecture.
- Responsible for implementation and day-to-day first level support for distribution and user systems.
- Assist in analysis of system usage patterns to proactively determine new capacity requirements.
- Test and approve new revisions of software and hardware in a test bed environment to ensure that future upgrades do not have adverse effects on any production systems.
- Fully understands security standards and has administered systems that contain a secure rule base.
- Strong understanding, management and configuration of network equipment such as Cisco/Juniper.
- Researches network admin operating system patches and schedules their implementation.
- Manages Moves, Adds and Changes (MAC) activities and associated tracking/management systems maintenanc
- Understanding of SAN technologies.
Must Have Experience in the Following
- Windows Active Directory (GPO, ADFS)
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013
- LAN/WAN Networking (Cisco, Juniper, Wireless, Microsoft)
- SAN Experience (iSCSI, Fiber Channel)
- Windows SCCM (SCOM, DPM)
- Windows 2008/2012 Servers
- SQL Server
- VMware (ESXi, vCenter)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, NetBIOS, and other network protocols
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Practical knowledge of backup and disaster recovery methods and products
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and qualifications.